Plastic Surgery in Florida
According to Infoplease, Florida means ‘feast of flowers’. Thus, the very meaning of Florida reflects the beauty of Florida. It’s lovely like a flower. Florida is known among tourists for its landscape full of pristine beauty. Millions of people throng to Florida to enjoy its warm weather, white beaches, clear waters, waterfront restaurants, sunbathing, museums and amusement parks. It does not only offer beautiful landscape but also offers its services in caring human beauty and physical and mental well being. It has therapy centers, health spas and massage centers where tourists can relax and rejuvenate themselves. Florida attractions don’t end here. There is another important opportunity which Florida offers to its guests—physical rejuvenation and transformation. Yes, Florida is also known in the world for its plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery centers which transfigure your looks so that when you return home, you wear younger and more beautiful looks.
Plastic surgery is concerned with the repairing and reshaping injured, deformed and plain parts of body for various reasons. Cosmetic surgery is the most popular form of plastic surgery. As demand for cosmetic surgery continues to grow, huge investments are being made in plastic surgery in Florida. Plastic surgery has become a booming and competitive business in Florida cities especially in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. The number of clinics offering services in plastic surgery in Florida is on the increase. Thousands of people get benefit from these clinics. These clinics of plastic surgery in Florida offer a wide range of plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments including facial volume restoration, breast augmentation, breast reduction, body lift, face lift, nose reshaping , liposuction, lip enhancement, tummy tuck, eyelid surgery, buttock augmentation, improvement of lips, reshaping ear, removing wrinkles, augmentation of the chin and cheek augmentation. People from different parts of the U.S. and the world, turn to these clinics of plastic surgery in Florida to feel better about their looks. It gives them confidence. They can move in the society without any self-consciousness about their poor and deformed looks.
Statistics about Plastic Surgery in Florida
How far plastic surgery in Florida has developed can be imagined from the available statistics. According to Info graphics in 2010 13.1 million people underwent cosmetic surgery procedures in the U.S., spending 10 billion dollars on plastic/cosmetic surgery. Among these 13.1 million people, 91% were women and the rest 9 % were men. According Infographics’ ranking for the year 2010 of the top ten US cities for plastic surgery, Miami stands first among all the American cities. Infographics report that the city has greatest number of plastic surgeons in the U.S. These statistics show that plastic surgery is a booming business in the U.S. and Florida is a leader in this business with greatest number of plastic surgeons. The plastic surgeons in Florida have their own society: Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons (FSPS). It has been serving surgeons and consumers since 1956. The society aims at ‘helping to make safe, high-quality plastic surgery available in the state of Florida’ and more than two hundred board certified plastic surgeons are its members. If we type the word ‘cosmetic surgery’ in Google Trends, it shows Miami at the top of the world’s cities from where this topic is searched most. All these statistics show how plastic surgery is developing in Florida.
Florida is home to many plastic surgery centers and clinics. But, all the centers may not have the right surgeon who can address your surgery needs. Plastic surgery is serious issue for the consumers and patients. It is a question of trust because you have to hand over your body to him. When you have to choose the right and the best plastic surgeon, make sure that the surgeon you make commitment with is certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery. This is the only board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. Thus, if you go for certification and accreditation, you can get the right place surgeon and the right clinic.
Next time, when you visit the Miami Beach and Palm Beach and enjoy the health spa of Florida, do consider visiting plastic surgery clinics to see health technology at work and to return back younger and happier.